Five Types of Problem Editor
My column over at CJR today is about five types of problem writer. But I know this is a two-way street, so I figured I’d call out some types of problem editor, too:
The Sadist. She makes all sorts of unnecessary changes to your copy and leaves the meanest comments. Maybe she’s just asserting her authority or something?
The Brat. He refuses to acknowledge that sometimes it takes awhile to get sources to call you back.
The Demanding Mother. She tells you it’s wrong, but gives no indication as to how to make it right.
The Wannabe. He rewrites everything for the sake of using his own voice. Clearly wishes he were a writer.
The Sloth. She doesn’t change a goddamn thing. Makes you want to reply, are you sure you’re an editor?
Oh, and this CJR column is a weekly thing! You can submit questions. Please do: firstname.lastname@example.org
- crossingthedivide likes this
- geeksturr likes this
- ruthituesday reblogged this from annfriedman
- ruthituesday likes this
- whiskeykittens likes this
- harry-slater reblogged this from annfriedman
- dmmgbhn reblogged this from unusednotebooks
- rachelrabbitwhite likes this
- doxiian likes this
- singyoursight likes this
- kinglara reblogged this from annfriedman
- odetofuturehusband likes this
- dmmgbhn likes this
- stancarey likes this
- hambagger likes this
- juliancasabaka likes this
- redcurb likes this
- quintessentiallyquirky likes this
- meredithmo likes this
- anappleaday likes this
- jenniferyoon reblogged this from annfriedman
- redwrenwalking likes this
- nathancushing reblogged this from annfriedman
- lazyorangehousecat reblogged this from annfriedman
- monikafabian likes this
- sarahspy likes this
- richardrushfield likes this
- annfriedman posted this